The aggressive looks and ride of the Road Glide Special motorcycle take our most road-devouring machine to an even darker place with blacked-out finishes on handlebars, wheels and headers. Powered by a blacked-out Milwaukee-Eight 107 V-Twin, it’s also loaded with premium features like 19-inch front and 18-inch rear Talon wheels, stretched saddlebags, a painted inner fairing and a BOOM! Box 6.5GT Touchscreen Infotainment System. The ride is premium too, thanks to its responsive suspension and Reflex linked Brembo brakes.
NEW IN 2018
- Dark finishes stretch from headlight to exhaust with new 19-inch front and 18-inch rear Talon wheels.
- Dripping in black are the engine guard, front forks, handlebars and hand controls, mirrors, turn signals, tank console, engine covers, air cleaner cover, mufflers and exhaust shields.
- Custom touches that create an aggressive, modern look include the stretched saddlebags that accentuate the bike’s long, low profile and painted inner fairings.
- Hand-adjustable emulsion-technology rear shock absorbers offer 15% more preload adjustment than previous low-profile touring shocks.
- Front suspension features dual-bending valve suspension technology that delivers the damping performance of a racing-style cartridge fork with linear damping characteristics and reduced weight.
- Reflex linked Brembo brakes with ABS and the Harley-Davidson Smart Security System are standard equipment.
- The all-black Milwaukee-Eight 107 (1746 cc) engine offers quicker throttle response, more passing power, purer sound, a smoother ride and more of the feeling riders want from a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle engine.
- Each Milwaukee-Eight engine produces 10% more torque*. The Milwaukee-Eight 107 accelerates 11% quicker from 0-60mph, equal to a two-to-three bike length improvement, and 11% quicker from 60-80 mph in top gear, equal to a one-to-two bike length improvement*. The Milwaukee-Eight engine offers improved rider and passenger thermal comfort due to reduced heat absorption, increased heat rejection and a redesigned exhaust system.
- For improved fit, a new, slimmer primary drive cover and the low-profile shape of the air cleaner cover provide improved rider legroom around the engine and an easier reach to the ground for many riders.
- All Milwaukee-Eight powered models are fitted with an assist and slip clutch with improved hydraulic actuation and 7% less clutch lever effort.
*Compared to High-Output Twin Cam 103