The 2018 Harley-Davidson motorcycle lineup introduces the most robust array of custom Touring bikes the company has ever produced, boasting show-stopping style and plush comfort ready to smooth rough city streets or attack winding country roads.
Three new completely restyled Touring models enter the limited-edition Custom Vehicle Operations (CVO) family with the largest-ever stock engine from Harley-Davidson, while new Street Glide Special and Road Glide Special models get sinister, blacked-out styling.
2018 CUSTOM VEHICLE OPERATIONS MOTORCYCLES
The CVO tradition of giving customers the ultimate in Harley-Davidson styling, innovation and performance continues in 2018 with the CVO Limited, CVO Street Glide and CVO Road Glide. Each offers its owners a fully customised, limited-edition motorcycle straight from the factory with a two-year unlimited warranty.
Starting with the largest stock engine ever offered by the Motor Company – and available only in a CVO machine – all three bikes have upgraded Screamin’ Eagle™ power, with the 1923cc Milwaukee-Eight engine delivering up to 166Nm of torque.
CVO models are limited in number and this year’s bikes feature some of the most distinctively crafted paint offerings the company has ever designed and produced. Also new for all three is an advanced integrated communication technology that features a wireless headset interface module. Customers can use the included Bluetooth headset to communicate with the motorcycle Infotainment system, their passenger and other riders.
Dave Foley, vice president of Product Planning and Portfolio Management, Harley-Davidson Motor Company:
“Our new Touring motorcycles will be some of our most sought-after bikes in 2018. For CVO, we’ve rebooted the styling tone of the overall lineup and added some exclusive performance enhancements. The level of fit, finish and performance has never been higher and owners will appreciate the intricate details like the new color trim on the rocker box lowers that marks the CVO engine’s exclusivity.”
Brad Richards, vice president of Styling and Design, Harley-Davidson Motor Company:
“Dave’s right. The new direction our Styling department took with the design formula on the bikes is truly seismic. Take a look at the level of finish on any of the nine CVO paint sets, but especially the Fade on the CVO Limited, the depth of the paint layers and how it glows in the sunlight is just stunning.”
THE THREE NEW CVO TOURING MOTORCYCLES & THEIR KEY FEATURES:
2018 CVO Street Glide
Custom touring loaded up with Harley-Davidson’s most powerful engine and sound system ever offered straight from the factory.
- Powered by the new Milwaukee-Eight 117 (1923cc) engine and given the full-on custom treatment mudguard to mudguard, with three new premium paint schemes and matching Talon wheels and rotors
- Top-of-the-line 6.5 BOOM! Box Infotainment System with Stage II speakers provides superior audio performance. To achieve the rich 900 watts of BOOM! audio sound there are three 4-channel amplifiers powering six bi-amped speakers in the fairing, fairing lower and saddlebag lids
2018 CVO Road Glide
Sinister bagger with swagger that epitomises CVO’s new look and performance.
- Powered by the new Milwaukee-Eight 117 (1923cc) engine, with aggressive shark-nose fairing, three premium paint options, custom wheels and a sleek new front mudguard
- Features the first factory-installed new 21-inch Knockout front wheel for Touring models from Harley-Davidson. Engineered to deliver optimal performance, handling, and ride quality without compromising fitment of accessories
- High output audio from the BOOM! Box 6.5GT Infotainment System features Stage II speakers in saddlebag lids and fairing for 600 watts of pure audio bliss
2018 CVO Limited
A premium touring machine loaded with best-in-class power, Infotainment, show-winning paint and premium rider and passenger comfort.
- Powered by the all-new Twin-Cooled™ Milwaukee-Eight 117 (1923cc) engine, and with dual bending valve front suspension and emulsion rear suspension (featuring hand-adjustable preload), the ride across country will be smooth, comfortable and brisk
- The two-up seat is suspended and heated with a custom seat cover, insert and stitching unique to CVO and not available anywhere else. It also comes with matching adjustable rider and passenger backrests
- For added safety and convenience the CVO Limited is topped off with a power-locking key fob, and features the standard Harley-Davidson Touring range Reflex linked Brembo brakes with ABS and Harley-Davidson Smart Security System
- Two luxurious colour options: Burgundy Cherry Sunglo Fade and Black Earth Fade
2018 STREET GLIDE & ROAD GLIDE SPECIALS
Harley-Davidson takes the wildly popular Street Glide Special and Road Glide Special in a new design direction for 2018, swapping chrome for black. Powered by the muscular Milwaukee-Eight 107 (1745cc) engine, the two new hot rod baggers take the base level models and elevate them with an current custom styling statement that is sinister in design and dark in its finishes.
Paul James, manager of Product Portfolio, Harley-Davidson:
“Our two new custom baggers are the most aggressive, on-trend Touring bikes in the market and our owners love to roll up to their favorite hangouts and show off. But we also know it’s important for them to be able to hit the open road in comfort and style. These new hot rod baggers are the epitome of capable touring bikes that look cool, and ride better than ever.”
ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL & STREET GLIDE SPECIAL KEY FEATURES:
- Dark finishes stretch from headlight to exhaust with new 19-inch front and 18-inch rear Talon wheels
- Dripping in black; the engine guard, front forks, handlebars and controls, mirrors, indicators, tank console, engine covers, air cleaner cover, mufflers and exhaust shields
- Custom touches that create an aggressive, modern look include the stretched saddlebags that accentuate the bike’s long, low profile and painted inner fairings
- Hand-adjustable emulsion-technology rear shock absorbers offer 15% more preload adjustment than previous low-profile touring shocks
- Front suspension features dual-bending valve suspension technology that delivers the damping performance of a racing-style cartridge fork with linear damping characteristics and reduced weight
- The all-black Milwaukee-Eight 107 (1745cc) engine offers quicker throttle response, more passing power, purer sound, a smoother ride and more of the feeling riders want from a Harley-Davidson Touring motorcycle engine
- Each Milwaukee-Eight engine produces 10% more torque*. The Milwaukee-Eight 107 accelerates 11% quicker from 0-60 mph, equal to a two-to-three bike length improvement, and 11% quicker from 60-80 mph in top gear, equal to a one-to-two bike length improvement*
- The Milwaukee-Eight engine offers improved rider and passenger thermal comfort due to reduced heat absorption, increased heat rejection and a redesigned exhaust system
- For improved fit, a new, slimmer primary drive cover and the low-profile shape of the air cleaner cover provide improved rider legroom around the engine and an easier reach to the ground for many riders
- All Milwaukee-Eight powered models are fitted with an assist and slip clutch with improved hydraulic actuation and 7% less clutch lever effort
- Standard BOOM! Box 6.5GT Touchscreen Infotainment System features upgraded Stage I BOOM! speakers for deep bass and balanced sound
- Road Glide Special: Vivid Black, Wicked Red, Bonneville Salt Pearl and Hot Rod Red Flake Hard Candy Custom™
- Street Glide Special: Vivid Black, Twisted Cherry, Bonneville Salt Denim and Hot Rod Red Flake Hard Candy Custom™